In an interview you must BE PREPARED and STAND OUT.
One way to do this is to research into your potential employers, but what does this actually entail? What do you really need to know in order to impress?
Here are 5 key things you should know:
- The official name of the company is hugely important to know and get correct. It may be obvious but many people enter into the interview process overseeing this small but essential detail.
- What does the company actually do? What are the main roles it focusses on fulfilling?
- The key names within the company. This is one simple way of easily impressing your employer as it will reveal your attention to detail.
- Go the extra mile and research into the history of the company, their recent successes and significant changes. This shows your genuine interest and recent engagement with the progressions of the company.
- Understand the culture and get a feel for the type of environment you are potentially entering into. This will better prepare you to answer questions and adapt to the type of person the employer is looking for. The best way to start this process is via the “About us” sections within most websites. Better still, look into the social media pages of the company and see how they try to portray themselves through advertising. This way you’ll truly get a sense of their character and values.
These 5 key research points will show the employer that you are:
- Valuable to their company!
A little bit of effort has the capacity to go a long way!