We have a cracking cranberry sauce recipe for you to try, that is easy to prepare and absolutely delicious!
- 450 g fresh cranberries
- Rind and juice of 1 large orange
- 1 teaspoon of freshly grated root ginger or ½ level teaspoon ground ginger
- 75g caster sugar
- 4cm piece cinnamon stick
- 4 cloves
- 2-3 tablespoons port (if you like)
- Pop the cranberries whole into a saucepan
- Now cut the orange peel into very fine shreds and put with the orange juice into the pan
- Add the rest of the ingredients, stirring well
- Let the mixture simmer for approx 5 minutes
- Remove the pan from heat, stir in the port (if you want)
- When cooled, pour into a serving dish and cover with cling film until use
Now this delicious sauce is ready when you are, don’t forget to remove the cloves and cinnamon before serving!