Now, more than ever, it’s vital for us all to clearly communicate what we do and what makes us different from the pack. This is important when you’re networking and critical when you’re looking for a new job.
The starting point, of course, is to understand yourself. To get you started, think about the following:
• What makes you different from everyone else that does the same job as you?
• What do you do particularly well?
• What do you really enjoy doing?
• How do your clients, colleagues and friends describe you?
• What’s the real essence of you?
Invest some time into thinking this through carefully – it’s critical that your message describes the authentic you. Articulate your brand well and positive results are sure to follow.